2 kids die from electrocution in Munshiganj

Online Desk | Update:

Two minor boys died from electrocution and three people injured at Adhara Saradi village in Sadar upazila Munsiganj on Friday afternoon, reports UNB.

Police said a live electric wire got snapped and fell into a pond at the village.

The two minor boys -- Rohan, 5, son of Kamal Miah, and Junayed, 7, son of Nuruzzman, residents of the village, got electrocuted after they fell into the pond while playing adjacent to the water body.

Soon after the incident, mothers of the two kids -- Maksuda Begum and Malati Begum --and Ruhul Amin, also a resident of the village, jumped into the pond to rescue the duo.

Later, locals removed the live electric wire from the pond, rescued the five and sent them to Munsiganj General Hospital where doctors declared Rohan and Junayed dead while Maksuda, Malati and Ruhul Amin were admitted to the hospital.

Reader's Comment


Commenting is closed

Want to be annomymous
I am commenting by following the terms & condition of Prothom Alo
Editor & publisher: Matiur Rahman.
CA Bhaban, 100 Kazi Nazrul Islam avenue, Karwan Bazar, Dhaka 1215
Phone: 8180078-81, Fax: 9130496, E-mail: info@prothom-alo.info