We spend a major part of our everyday life at office. So how we do that matters a lot. The office atmosphere often determines how healthy and vibrant a life we would lead. Our job does give us not only financial solvency but also an identity.
We come in close touch with many people through our careers. The atmosphere of an office is created by the culture that individuals together create.
Some jobholders often lose interest in coming to office, although they have to attend regularly, and their productivity declines - they commit mistakes during duty hours and even withdraw themselves from the environment.
There are still ways to overcome such challenges.
Here are five ways to increase one’s productivity at office, though they are nothing apparently related to office duties:
1. Take care of your health: Walk or exercise regularly, take nutritious foods and timely go to sleep and sleep well;
2. Promote positive emotional attachment: Use sense of humour, express good or bad feelings, forgive, remain grateful for everything, don’t accept what undermines self entity, and control anger;
3. Spiritual care: Do meaningful work, search for meaning in life and uphold goods values;
4. Intellectual exercise: Keep the mind free, curious, active and creative and know or try to learn something new every day;
5. Social life: Spend time with family and friends, engage in recreational activities and give time to colleagues.
* This piece, originally published in Prothom Alo print version, has been rewritten in English by Khawaza Main Uddin