A physician couple sustained burn injuries as a fire broke out at their flat in Hatirpool area of the capital early Wednesday.
The injured are Rajib Bhattacharya, 37, a physician of neurosurgery department of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU) and his wife Anusha Bhattacharya, 32, registrar of Shyamoli Central Medical, reports news agency UNB.
The injured were admitted to Sheikh Hasina National Burn and Plastic Surgery Institute, said Md Bacchu Miah, in-charge of Dhaka Medical College Hospital police outpost.
According to family sources, the fire erupted when a bottle of sand sanitizer came in contact with a mosquito killing coil, leaving Rajib injured.
His wife also received injures as she came to rescue him.
Physician Partho Shangkar Paul, resident medical officer of the unit, said that Rajib sustained 87 per cent burn injuries and his wife 20 per cent.