The government has changed its decision for offices to run with only 25 per cent of the officers and employees in attendance due to the prevailing pandemic.
With work pressure increasing, the new decision is for all officers and employees to attend office according to work, maintaining hygiene precautions.
The heads of various offices have been instructed accordingly. That means, in effect, everyone will now have to attend office. However, for the time being, those are unwell, at higher risk as well as expectant mothers, will not have to attend.
State minister for public administration Farhad Hossain, speaking to Prothom Alo on Thursday, said that this decision was taken due to increased work load.
He said that work pressure had increased and a lot of pending work had piled up. That was why the decision for only 25 per cent staff attendance was being withdrawn.
The order has only been issued verbally, not in writing, so far, said cabinet division sources.
Due to the prevailing novel coronavirus situation, orders had been issued on 1 June for all the ministries and departments at the secretariat to carry out work with 25 per cent of the officers and employees.
So long that was being followed. But now from Sunday the new decision is likely to come in effect, said concerned officials.