Three die inhaling toxic gas

Satkhira
Satkhira

Three people, including the headmaster of a government primary school, died after inhaling toxic gas in a septic tank at Puijala village in Ashashuni, Satkhira on Friday, reports UNB.

The deceased were identified as Jagodish Sana, 56, headmaster of Puijala Government Primary School, Tapan Kumar Sana, 40, and Madan Das, 30, of the village.

Madan Das entered the septic tank for cleaning and when he did not respond, Jagodish entered and fell unconscious, Golam Kabir, officer-in-charge of Ashashuni police station as saying.

Advertisement

Receiving no response from the duo, Tapan then entered the septic tank and also became unconscious.

Later, they were taken to a local hospital where the physicians declared them dead.