A fire at a house in Chattogram’s Double Mooring area killed a child and injured three members of a family on Saturday morning, reports UNB
The deceased was identified as Md Ashraful, 5, son of Amir Hossain.
Four members of the family were injured in the fire in Mollapara.
Although the cause of the fire could not be known, locals say they suspect an electric short-circuit might have sparked it.
They were brought to Chittagong Medical College Hospital (CMCH) where Ashraful succumbed to his injuries around 7:00am, said Jahirul Haque Bhuiyan, in-charge of CMCH police outpost.
His father Amir, 45, mother Khaleda Akter, 30, and elder sister Tania, 7, are undergoing treatment at the hospital.