A worker was burned to death in a fire at a warehouse in Mymensingh city’s Aampotti on Monday morning, reports UNB.
The deceased was Sumon Das.
Dinmoni Sharma, deputy director of Mymensingh fire service, said the fire originated at the warehouse around 7:00am. Sumon was killed on the spot.
An electric short-circuit might have sparked the fire, he said.
Four firefighting units doused the fire after two hours of frantic efforts and recovered the body of Sumon.
The body was sent to Mymensingh Medical College Hospital morgue.
Ashutosh Pal, owner of the warehouse, said Sumon had slept there after finishing decoration work at Diwali Puja Mandap in the area.