HMD Global, the home of Nokia phones, on Thursday announced the launch of seven new Nokia phones for fans in Bangladesh. Ravi Kunwar, HMD Global's head (Pan Asia), made the announcement at a press conference held at The Westin Hotel, said a press release.
Two of them are smartphones -- Nokia 7.2, a class-defining smartphone with a powerful 48MP triple camera featuring ZEISS Optics, and the Nokia 6.2, where the breath-taking PureDisplay meets an advanced triple camera setup powered by AI experiences, all in one accessible smartphone.
Both smartphones come with a signature two-day battery life and deliver segment leading experiences to users in display and imaging. In addition, both the Nokia 7.2 and Nokia 6.2 are Android 10-ready and take a leap forward in craftsmanship and materials exploration bringing premium Nordic designs to the mid-segment.
Among the five new feature phones, the Nokia 800 Tough is the first rugged Nokia phone from HMD Global, representing a new hallmark in durability and battery life that comes perfectly paired with essential modern tech like the Google Assistant, WhatsApp, 4G and more.
The Nokia 2720 Flip is compact and tactile but transformed in usability thanks to the integrated AI technology. The Nokia 220 4G supports HD voice calls over 4G LTE*, also allowing users to use social media and browse their favourite websites with the web browser. The Nokia 110 is all about entertainment – an MP3 player for your music collection, built-in camera, an FM radio and games – in an extremely affordable package. Lastly, the all new fourth generation Nokia 105, the most popular Nokia feature phone comes with everything it is known for – a modern design and functionality, including a battery that allows the user you to talk from sunset to sunrise with one charge.
Availability and pricing
• The Nokia 7.2 comes in Charcoal in a memory variant of 4GB/64GB, price will be announced closer to official availability from mid-October
• The Nokia 6.2 comes in Ceramic Black with a memory variant of 4GB/64GB, price will be announced closer to official availability from mid-October
• Nokia 800 Tough will be available in Black Steel and Desert Sand starting in early December and will retail at Tk. 10,250/-
• The Nokia 2720 Flip comes in Black and will be available fromthe first week of Novemberand will retail at Tk. 9,500/-
• The Nokia 220 4G will be available in Blue and Black,fromthe first week of October and will retail at Tk. 3,999/-
• The Nokia 110 will be available in Ocean Blue and Black,fromthe first week of October and will retail at Tk. 2,099/-
• The new Nokia 105 will be available in Blue, Black and Pink starting tomorrow (12th September) and will retail at Tk. 1,399/- for Single Sim and Tk. 1,499 for Dual SIM Model.
Raquibul Kabir, managing director of Union Group, and Iffat Zahur, marketing lead of HMD Global Bangladesh, were present at the event, among others.