Latif removed from cabinet

The Cabinet Division on Sunday has issued a gazette on removal of Abdul Latif Siddique, the Posts, Telecommunication and ICT Minister, from the cabinet, said Cabinet Secretary Mosharraf Hossain Bhuiyan at a press briefing.

Earlier on September 28, Latif Siddique at an exchange of views in New York made defamatory remarks on Hajj, Tablighi Jamaat, journalists and prime minister's son Sajeeb Wazed Joy.

The cabinet secretary also said that according to Article 58 (2) of the constitution, prime minister advised president to terminate Abdul Latif Siddique as a minister.

President today (Sunday) has given his approval on the removal of Latif from the cabinet. The gazette has been issued based on the termination, the cabinet secretary added.

The Ministry of Posts, Telecommunications and ICT will remain under Prime Minister Hasina until a new minister is appointed to the post. 

Related story: