- Covid-19 positive patients will remain in isolation for up to 10 days after showing covid symptoms. Besides, people who come in contact with Covid patients with no symptoms do not need to be quarantined, but they must wear a tight mask.
- The committee recommended the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) to increase surveillance in all ports of entry, including airports, to ensure proper health guidelines issued by the government.
- All-time emergency treatment of all Covid-19 and non-Covid patients in all government hospitals is recommended to be ensured.
- It is recommended to take steps for the implementation of the Cabinet’s notification regarding covid restrictions by involving all stakeholders such as leaders of Transport Owners’ Association, Shop Owners’ Association, and Restaurant Owners’ Association.
- The committee recommended the government to distribute free masks to the public to ensure that people wear masks. It is also recommended to the public representatives and religious representatives to encourage people to wear masks properly and follow other health guideline.
Covid situation in Bangladesh
Bangladesh reported 12 more Covid-linked deaths with 9,500 fresh cases in 24 hours till Wednesday morning following a continuous rise in its infection rate.
The positivity rate in the country further increased to 25.11 per cent from Tuesday’s 23.98 per cent after testing 37,573 samples, according to the Directorate general of health Services (DGHS).
The fresh numbers took the country’s total fatalities to 28,176 while the caseload mounted to 1,642, 294 on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, Bangladesh’s total tally of Omicron cases reached 55 with the detection of 22 more cases till Monday, according to GISAID, a global initiative on sharing all influenza data.