Shah Ahmed Shafi, Amir of Hefazat-e-Islam, said in a statement issued on Sunday, that the organisation had never provided the home ministry with any list of bloggers.
Ahmed Shafi issued the statement as a rejoinder protesting against reports that "bloggers on Hefazat's list are on the militants hit list", which appeared in the media, including the social media. Also, in a write-up by Professor Muhammed Zafar Iqbal which appeared in a national daily after the killing of Ananta in Sylhet, it had been mentioned that Hefazat had handed over to the home ministry a list of 84 bloggers.
Ahmed Shafi said in the statement, a delegation led by Muhammed Mahbubul Alam, convenor of Anjuman-e-al-Baiyinat, on 31 March 2013 had given a list of 84 bloggers to a nine-member committee formed by the home ministry. They do not belong to Hefazat and no one from Hefazat took part in that meeting.