Physician Rajib Bhattacharya, who sustained burn injuries as a fire broke out at his flat in Hatirpool, Dhaka died on Tuesday morning.
He succumbed to his injuries around 8:00am at the intensive care unit of Sheikh Hasina National Burn and Plastic Surgery Institute, said Partha Shankar Paul, resident physician of the institute.
He was on life support as his condition was critical.
Rajib,37, and his wife Anasuya Bhattacharya, 32, sustained burn injuries at their house on 22 July.
According to the family members, some hand sanitiser fell down when Rajib was pouring from one bottle to another. Later, he caught on fire either from lit cigarette or mosquito killing coil.
As Anasuya came to rescue her husband, she also sustained injuries.
Rajib sustained 87 per cent burn injuries while his wife had 20 per cent injuries, phycisian Partha said.
The couple has a seven-year-old daughter.
Rajib was a physician of neurosurgery department of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU) while his wife Anasuya Bhattacharya is a physician working at a private hospital in the capital.