Two burnt as AC explodes in Gulshan residence

Representational Image

At least two people have sustained burn injuries as an air-conditioner (AC) exploded in a residence in the capital’s Gulshan area.

The explosion took place on the fourth floor of a multi-storied building around 6:00 am on Saturday.

The injured – Gopal Mallik and Mijanur Rahman – have immediately been admitted to Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery.

Rashed bin Khalid, an official of the control room of Fire Service and Civil Defence, said the fire originated in a building on road no.6 in Gulshan-2 after an AC went off due to electric glitch.

It was brought under control after around 50 minutes of frantic efforts, he added.