Golden Jubilee of Independence

the Golden Jubilee of Independence of Bangladesh is in 2021

Why the comparison with Pakistan on our Golden Jubilee?

Do we actually understand the price we had to pay to win our independence?

Why the comparison with Pakistan on our Golden Jubilee?

Interview: Rehman Sobhan

'The society today is quite contrary to that of which Bangabandhu dreamed'

As Bangladesh’s Golden Jubilee draws to a close, Prothom Alo confronts three eminent citizens of the country with three questions. All three of them were involved in various ways with the Liberation ...

Professor Rehman Sobhan

50 years of victory

Do the democracy and development records tally?

Today in this country, economic disparity between the top 10 per cent of the people and the remaining 90 per cent has increased manifold. We had not foreseen the unimaginable political and social ...

Do the democracy and development records tally?

BRAC Bank, Bengal Foundation celebrate 50 years of Bangladesh

A five-day cultural extravaganza featuring music, arts and crafts, painting exhibitions, cinema, literature and a book fair will go on during December 14-18, 2021 at Bengal Shilpalaya on Dhanmondi ...

BRAC Bank, Bengal Foundation celebrate 50 years of Bangladesh

Will build Bangladesh as prosperous ‘Sonar Bangla’, nation renews vow

Prime minister Sheikh Hasina on Thursday administered oath to the nation to build the country as a developed, prosperous and non-communal ‘Sonar Bangla’ being imbued with the ideology of Father of ...

Will build Bangladesh as prosperous ‘Sonar Bangla’, nation renews vow

Bangladesh mission in Brunei celebrates Victory Day

The Bangladesh high commission in Brunei Darussalam on Thursday celebrated the Victory Day of Bangladesh in a jubilant manner, maintaining Covid-19 protocol

Bangladesh mission in Brunei celebrates Victory Day

Interview: Nurul Islam

'The correlation between governance and development needs serious discussion'

As Bangladesh’s Golden Jubilee draws to a close, Prothom Alo confronts three eminent citizens of the country with three questions. All three of them were involved in various ways with the Liberation ...

Nurul Islam, senior economist and first vice president of Bangladesh’s Planning Commission

President Kovind’s visit not bilateral: Shringla

India and Bangladesh have reached a very high point in bilateral relationship, said foreign secretary Harsh Vardhan Shringla

Bangladesh president M Abdul Hamid welcome Indian president Ram Nath Kovind as he arrives in Dhaka on 15 December 2021

50 Years of Bangladesh: Retrospect and Prospects

Our journey in the last 50 years has not been easy, writes political scientist Rounaq Jahan. We had to cross many hurdles. We witnessed many ups and downs. Today, we can justifiably be proud of our ...

50 Years of Bangladesh: Retrospect and Prospects

US foreign minister phones his Bangladesh counterpart Abdul Momen

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken has talked to his Bangladesh counterpart AK Abdul Momen

US foreign minister phones his Bangladesh counterpart Abdul Momen
Load More